July 6, 2008

Adios UES

July 2nd

Tomorrow is my last day at the museum and this evening I had a brief moment of sadness leaving the Upper East Side. Since I plan on permanently staying below 14th Street from this point forward, I thought I would take a final stroll around the hood.

I'm happy I decided to swing past the nutso store on Madison. Its bold summer display of zebra print chairs, storks, and horn chandeliers made me smile.

In addition to the return of the counter sunk alligators and hippos, they have this beautiful sculpture available for scaring the shit out of you.

My casual stroll lead all the way over to the East River for a peek at Randall's Island and Astoria.

Going somewhere new in just a few blocks of wandering a well known neighborhood reminded me to appreciate that there will always be something new and different just around the corner.

I was also reminded that funny photos can even happen somewhere as drab and boring as the 95th and 2nd Ave.


No comments: