July 6, 2008

America, Fuck Yeah

July 4th

Happy Birthday, America.

Today I went to the free Sonic Youth concert (part of the River to River festival) in Battery Park.

I discovered I'm not so much into that type of music. It was pretty amazing to see this indie icon rock that hard, but I just wasn't in the mood. I spent most of the show people watching and taking random photos.

Later in the day I attended a random party on 2nd Ave with an amazing view of the Empire State building.

Waiting for the fireworks involved a few umbrellas.

The clouds also made for some interesting photos, most of which look more like Baghdad than New York and some of which are downright abstractly beautiful . My firework mode didn't work as well as it did when I was in Moscow.

Celebrating this family holiday on a rooftop full of strangers was certainly a New York moment.

You can see the full set of images from my day here.


No comments: