May 17, 2008

A Day At The Zoo

May 11th

I've lived around the corner from the Prospect Park Zoo for just over four years and had never set foot inside, even though for me it's free! With the nice spring weather guaranteeing animals out and about in abundance, I finally made a visit.

My first stop was the prairie dog burrows on the Discovery Trail. There were tons of these little varmints running amok... including a bubble girl in a green scarf.

This is a picture I took for my old roommate Jacquelyn and her love for lemurs and their "dance".

Like the penguins at the Central Park Zoo, they have feeding times for the sea lions and they are popular with the families and Bananas.

The kids were really fond of getting up close and personal with the baboons.

The reason I was compelled to finally visit was the recent addition of these Russian pallas cats. They are about the size of a house cat and are super fluffy and fat. I sat around waiting for them both to make an appearance but one was rather shy. You can click here and see what compelled me to visit.


Just outside the zoo are some gorgeous nature walks. I never knew there was a beautiful (albeit man made) waterfall in my back yard.

No comments: