May 16, 2008

Shake Shack

May 7th

Today I had my very first burger from the famous Shake Shack in Madison Square Park.

I've read about this place a million times on Gothamist and in the ubiquitous burger round up articles in Time Out etc. I have to say, it was pretty damn good but it's still no In and Out. The shake, because it's made from custard, was a little bizarre, but tasty nonetheless.

I think The Shake Shack is popular because the park itself is lovely.

It's also one of those vibrant areas of the city that's jammed packed with history and the monuments that salute it's past. It has existed as an urban public space since 1686 and was formally opened as a public park in 1847. Named for James Madison, fourth President of the United States, it has nothing to do with Madison Square Garden, which used was located on the north end of the park until it moved to it's present location.

No comments: