February 25, 2008

Jim Bianco

February 21st

Tonight I went to see Jim Bianco at Luna Lounge in Williamsburg. I love small venues during the week. While I feel bad for the performers, it's always nice to get up close and personal for just $10. Hell, we even had pizza sitting next to the bass and piano player at this really bizarre pizza place across the street, called Vinny Vella's. (If you don't know who he is, you will after 10 seconds of sitting in his pizza joint. )

Jim has a song called I've Got A Thing For You that he says is about stalking someone. He asked the lighting guy to create a mood. It was pretty on the money, right?

My favorite part of the show was when he unplugged and sang right next to us the title track on his soon to be released new album, Sing. Be sure to check it out this March.

I messed around with some of the features on Photoshop and I rather like this Ah Ha version of Jim.

No comments: