February 24, 2008

Real World Pocanos, Day 2

February 16th

After a night of drinking, we finally made it outdoors in the late afternoon for some winter activities. A few brave souls went skiing and the rest of us non-athletes went snow shoeing.

I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed walking around in the woods in the cold. It was something of a challenge to get used to the stupid shoes, but it was also a hoot. I started making a list of winter activities I've never done and want to try in the next few years. Top of the list, dog sledding.

Also, the backdrop made for some nice artsy fartsy photos.



Since we basically all agreed none of the photos from the weekend should be released to the general public, I'll just post this benign photo of the birthday kids.

And this shot of a happy Ralphie making sweet sweet love to my carrot cake. This one totally topped the practice cake I made for Kickball Cowboy.