February 15, 2008

I Have Weird Plants

February 8th

Still dragging from the plague and generally exhausted from work, I spent another day shackled to my bed. However, I remembered to take a photo of my plants. I have a little office in my apartment and every time I sit in there, I shake my head at the state of my greenery.

Ignoring the graveyard of computer equipment, let's take a good look at these plants. The plant on the left is a plumeria plant given to me by Cousin Daniel after his college semester in Hawaii. According to the internet, it should look like this. Since it has only ever sprouted one leaf in its two year life, I usually just refer to is as my "Dick In Pot".

The larger plant is
Shenehneh (it would take too long to explain how she got the name). I've had her since I was a freshman in college, making it the longest living plant in Miss Banana history. But the stupid thing never gets any thicker - just taller! For years it was propped up by a stick but a few months back the thing got too tall and just sort of keeled over! Instead of dying, it has now sprouted a mutant baby Shenehneh out of the stem! I just keep throwing water on the dang thing and figure that any plant cleaning carbon out of the air is better than none!


No comments: