January 10, 2008

Twas The Night Before Christmas

December 24th

Every year we celebrate Christmas eve with a big German dinner at my Gram's house.

But before we hit up the Kraut fare, we rock the fattening American apps table. This is not a joke as there is not a vegetable in sight.

Holding things down in the kitchen are the three apron stooges.

This year Trevor got a marker set to play with before we ate. He posed some real probing questions to the family. I, too, would like to know if there will be mac and cheese at Liz's impending nuptials.

Soon it was on to the main event. Sauerbraten, hot slaw, spezle, onions, corn, and mashed potatoes all smothered in a gravy based on vinegar, sherry, and lemons. This is not a meal for the faint of heart.
After a slice of cheesecake, Cousin Daniel (I enjoy calling him that) presented my growler of beer gift. Not. Gonna. Happen. (At least not tonight.)

Oh, and here is a photo of Cousin Daniel (far right) and the boys. I had to include him so he would stop pestering me to be on the blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the food documentation! WOOT!!! WOOT TO FOOD!!!!

Anonymous said...

I look like I have 7 eyebrows. What the hell is up with that?