April 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, PJ!

April 6th

Today was my good friend PJ's birthday and to celebrate, I cooked a huge brunch for him and his friends. PJ works for a historic house in Dupont Circle (and he's single ladies) and got permission for us to play house, including use of the fancy dishes, for the morning! I'm almost glad it rained as this room made for a spectacular party backdrop.

The menu:
Spinach Gruyere Quiche
Broccoli Bacon Quiche
Cranberry Scones*
Blueberry Lemon Muffins*
Roasted New Potatoes with Peppers and Onions
Tossed Salad
Fruit Salad
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Mimosas
Bloody Marys
Coffee and Tea
*baked by the birthday boy himself

It made me super happy knowing that I made almost everything in this photo.

Well, I did have some extra help from Donny and Dirty B (a faithful reader who requested an appearance on the blog).

Sadly, I didn't get a good photo of PJ on his day, so I'll just include this one (even though I look gross) of the successful DP participants. If we keep this tradition, I'm going to have more in common with that buddha than I want!

No comments: