January 11, 2008

2007 In Review

December 31st

Every year on New Years eve, I take stock of the 364 days prior to see if I met my goals and hopes for the year. I think I did pretty good in 2007 with a big check mark in the "start a blog"column. While I actually took a photo today in Chinatown, I decided I'd rather share my year in review photos instead.

January
In addition to hosting the first Adopt A Neighborhood in Chelsea (included teaching Martin to roller skate at The Roxy) and seeing my friend Clancy absolutely amaze me with his cello, I traveled to DC to deinstall an exhibition and to LA for a reunion with the girls. We made the ultimate mac and cheese, visited the Getty Center, gorged on In and Out Burger, diner food, Zankou chicken and polished the weekend off with Roscoe's chicken and waffles.

February
This was a month of new things. I tried eHarmony (huge mistake), attempted to learn watercolor, joined a gym, and went to Chinatown during their New Year with the AAN crew. I also celebrated my BFF Heather's 30th birthday. Good times.

March
Emotionally, this was a tough month so I kept busy. I saw Wicked, a few games of the Big East Basketball tournament, supported Spin at several small venues in Brooklyn, and ate at ALMA during Brooklyn restaurant week. Despite the huge freak snow storm on the actual holiday, I still traveled to Albany to walk in the St. Patrick's Day parade. I also attended my friend Vivek's wedding. That was truly interesting.

April
During this month work on our upcoming exhibition sucked away a lot of energy. However, I went to Albany for Easter, started my summer kickball season with the Bad News Bears, and hosted my favorite AAN neighborhood of 2007, Bay Ridge.

May
May started off with a hilarious Cinco de Mayo party, followed shortly by my dad's yearly weekend adventure where we saw the amazing full scale model of NYC at the Queens Museum of Art. Kickball was in full alcoholic swing and I spent time in Glens Falls installing our traveling exhibition.
June
This month was dominated by work and the impending doom of my 30th birthday. However, I still led AAN trips to The Cloisters and Red Hook, had mi madre for a weekend of pretending to be lesbians while watching the gay pride parade, played more kickball, and went to a really cool Exquisite Corpse party.

July - December
Since most of you can click back on the blog and review my life during this time, I'll just summarize here. During this six month time period I jumped out of a plane, threw a big party, started this blog, took summer trips to Coney Island, New England and camping, ran AAN trips galore, went on an amazingly weird trip from Russia to Spain, went wine tasting, played kickball on a different team, went to a bachelorette party and wedding, and celebrated the holidays with my family. Below is one photo from each month that I love but be sure to go here to check out my favorite photos since the beginning of the blog project.

July
August

September

October

November

December

In general, it was an interesting year where I read 26 books, listened to almost 52 albums, got over a broken heart, traveled a bunch, spent time with my friends and family, ate and drank tons and explored the city I live in. I have a few regrets, but overall I'm happy with my progress as a human during this calendar year.

No comments: