January 28, 2008

FEAST Fit For A Martin Luther King

January 21st

Tonight was the January installment of FEAST. This month's theme was favorite foods of Martin Luther King Jr. and soul food in general. The food spread was insane because I think everyone wanted to make up for their lame contributions last month.

The best part about this FEAST was the venue. There are some really gorgeous brown stones in Park Slope but most of them, like my own, are subdivided into apartments. However, this is a fully intact five floor building furnished in mansion style. I can't tell you how fantastic it was to sit in a real decorated spacious room and eat at a real table. It's little things like space that most Americans take for granted.

One FEASTer made collard greens with corn dumplings cooked with many many many full strips of bacon. SO delicious.

This was my first helping. As you can see, there's a lot going on here.

For my own reference, I made a full list of FEAST items:
BBQ Ribs
Fried Chicken
Potato Salad
Corn Cowder
Spicy Corn Bread
Hot Dog Stuff (not too sure what this is actually called)
Deviled Eggs
Mashed Potatoes
Collard Greens with Bacon and Corn Dumplings
Fried Okra
Hush Puppies
Green Salad

And

Pecan Pie

2 comments:

PJ Coleman said...

I think I just drooled on my keyboard.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh yeahhhhh. My mouth totally filled with saliva upon hearing collard greens with bacon. I am so turned on right now.