January 18, 2008

For Flipping Charity

January 12th

Today I played in a charity flip cup tournament to help regional food banks. Honestly, we all know I didn't participate in an all day competitive drinking game for altruistic reasons, but it eased the pain of the $30 entrance fee.

I took a few photos throughout the day, but none came out nearly as well as these mid-action shots taken by my friend Suggs. You can see his full set showing the hilarity of the day here. This is me and my team seriously kicking ass. Too bad flip cup skills do not translate anywhere else in life.

The entrance fee included free beer until 5:00pm so a certain amount of hording happened among my friends around 4:45.

These lovely ladies and coach Suggs were the only team to beat us (2-1) in our three rounds and they placed 3rd in the overall tournament. I think the New York City flip cup world was put on notice that you can't mess with kickball alumni and our game.

No comments: