January 10, 2008

The Martin House Vomits Christmas

December 25th

Christmas is serious business in the Martin household. This is a virtual tour for your viewing pleasure. Should you ever come to breakfast, in the entrance you will encounter the advent calendar my dad made when I was little. Each night my brother and I took turns picking an ornament to hang on the "tree." This is my favorite holiday decoration.

On your left, you will encounter this Chucky-esque snowmen clan. I don't like them. I'm scared of Chucky.

Just a little up on left you can...sit on Santa's face.

Even after relinquishing my childhood ornaments, there still isn't enough room on the tree so doorway garland is now a permanent holiday fixture.

Just below the TV is my dad's ever growing collection of singing dancing jumping holiday things. He likes the bouncing Santa on the far left the best.

Not satisfied with the stockings alone, my parents added a collection of holiday things above and below the mantle.

Upstairs in the living room, the fancy table transforms into my dad's winter wonderland train set for a month. He gets something for the set in every country he visits.

Finally, I present to you the red and green masterpiece that is the Christmas breakfast table. Back in the day there used to be 18 people sprawled out in the living room. However, I think the table looks better in this smaller version.

Plus, fewer people equals more bacon for me!

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank my Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Dan for the BEST holiday present a Banana could ever hope for! (Insert zen like happiness music here.) Oh, and you can go here to see all my holiday photos with a few old school gems included.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laughing so hard I am crying in my office. If people actually worked in California they would wonder what was wrong with me. I love your house and I love that you got a box of booze for Christmas. So excellent!