March 24, 2008

Dolphins And "I Do "

March 15th

Today started out gray and windy as we explored the Royal Navy Dockyard. Bermuda turned this abandoned maritime area into a tourist destination by opening a mall, the Bermuda Rum Cake factory, glass blowing facility, and several art galleries.

Also housed on the compound is the Bermuda Maritime Museum and Dolphin Quest. Dedicated to Bermuda's maritime history, the museum has several nice exhibits within the Commissioner's House and outlying buildings. I was really disappointed to discover swimming with dolphins is extremely expensive. Thankfully museum visitors were free to watch up close. I suppose that item will just have to remain on my "bucket list" until a more affluent time in my life.

Thanks to the happy appearance of sun and the crystal teal water, I became photo drunk. You can go here to see my full set of photos from the first half of our day.

After a morning exploring, it was time to get all gussied up for the wedding! This is the only photo of the shortest lived shoes in history. They lasted less than an hour thanks to a broken strap! You can bet these puppies are getting returned!

Sue and Brice were very smart for choosing a destination wedding. A sunset sub-tropical beach backdrop made for awesome photos. Here is Brice looking quite dapper and super happy!

I couldn't have been happier for a great couple and it was certainly no hardship to sit barefoot sipping champaign while they exchanged vows.

After the ceremony, the guests were treated to more champaign on the beach while the wedding party took photos. I did my own little photographer's dance of joy for the lighting. You can click here to see all 147 photos taken in just a few short hours.

My shadow was happy to be barefoot in a sun dress in Bermuda.

The reception was a ton of fun thanks to DJ Bubbles (who knew?) and a few of us even snuck into a late night fraternity party happening in a different part of the hotel!

No comments: