March 24, 2008

The Museum Of Jewish Heritage: Alumni Association

March 18th

For almost two years I worked at the Museum of Jewish Heritage: A Living Memorial to The Holocaust. I really hated my job. I had a micromanaging sexist boss who wasted my time demanding excel spreadsheets showing how my department spent their time in 15 minute increments. I also was in charge of a collection of things I didn't understand (seeing as I was raised Catholic) and was generally frustrated with my staff and the exhibition schedule. However, the museum hired tons of kids directly out of college or in their early careers (translation - they could pay us less) making for a fun younger crew for happy hours, birthday parties, and general debauchery.

This is my friend Deb of Deb Central blogging fame (and part inspiration for this 365 endeavor) who organized a reunion of museum alumni from the past few years. It was such a smashing idea that she was forced to make...a spreadsheet...to determine the best day possible for everyone to attend.

Anytime I hang with Deb, she is talking 10,000 words a minute telling some crazy story and looks much more like this!

She also has a really fancy pants camera that takes nice photos of nice people.

Seeing Sam (one of the first people to leave MJH for greener pastures) reminded me of our daylight savings time happy hours. Because a large portion of the staff was orthodox, the museum closed early on Fridays to allow for services. For those slightly more secular, that meant seats at the bar for the full duration of any drink specials. Good times. Yeah, good times.

And here is Jason, who apparently stole the camera and is actually much less silly in person.

No comments: