March 24, 2008

St. Patty's In Bermuda

March 17th

Today BAM went scooting out to breakfast at a local joint. While it wasn't quite the same as walking in the parade drinking huge beers with Gram, I wasn't too upset because this was my St. Patrick's Day breakfast view.

On the way to and from breakfast, we got caught in downpours. It really sucked getting pelted with ice cold rain drops in the face at 30 mph. We pulled in to Horseshoe beach dripping wet and I thought it would be funny to take photos. So... I pulled out the camera, closed the seat compartment, had Bonnie take this photo and... realized I had just locked the keys and my purse IN the scooter! Too boot, I was supposed to leave for my flight in 30 minutes. So typical.

Thankfully, we were close to the scooter rental place, so I ran there, got a spare set of keys, ran down to the beach, snapped this amazing post rain sky, and just made my flight. I was sad to return to the real world. I'd like to spend more time on vacation!

No comments: