October 24, 2007

Pumpkin FEAST

October 16th

Emily and her friends started a monthly pot luck dinner called FEAST (Friends Eating A Supper Together) and tonight was the year anniversary at our apartment. FEAST's theme this month: pumpkin.

The evening began with pumpkin butter on raisin bread and some cheese and apples.

One guest contributed the first course of pumpkin soup. It was sort of curry based and delicious.

Second course, pumpkin ravioli with sage butter and fresh parm.
OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD.

Third course, braised pork and roasted pumpkin in a fiery hot sauce served on warm tortillas. Also very good. I think I unbuttoned my pants about here.

Two dessert courses: homemade pumpkin ice cream with pumpkin brittle and pumpkin bread pudding with whipped cream and caramel. I felt ill at this point.

And what did I contribute? As per my usual, people got a healthy dose of my personality and....some clean dishes. God I look gross in this photo, but I am sporting my new dish brush and sponge that now live in the holder I acquired on our kitchen re-do.

No comments: