November 7, 2007

30 Is The New Black

November 2nd (and morning of the 3rd)

I had several reasons to travel to Philadelphia this weekend, one of them being the 30th birthday of my friend Tim. He never reminds anyone about his day and is against shameless self promotion for free drinks and dinner (unlike me). Thus, I'm glad I was able to celebrate with him since he was a big part of the hilarity at my own 30th extravaganza.

We had dinner at this amazing Mexican place called El Vez . This is apparently a Stephen Starr restaurant and while some people have negative things to say about his work, I can only praise the awesome nachos and out of this world tortilla soup. I would eat there again in a heartbeat.

The next morning, Tim and I went to Reading Terminal Market for breakfast. This is one of my most favorite places in the entire world. In addition to Rick's Cheese steaks, great fresh veggies and meat, there is a stall run by Mennonites with the best egg potato salad in the world. I was a frequent visitor both summers I lived downtown!

MMMMmmmmm.

After breakfast, I needed to swing by K-mart to buy a baking sheet and Tim needed batteries. In the electronic aisle we discovered the most ridiculous calculator and remote control. Oversized calculators have been a joke with my mom for years, but I couldn't bring myself to purchase this monstrosity for her, even as a gag gift.

Oh...and just in case you need on the go information, K-Mart also sells an electronic Holy Bible. Amen.

No comments: