November 8, 2007

"Everywhere I Went I Was Run-ing."

November 4th

I raced back from Philly in the wee hours of the morning to see some amazing ladies run in the marathon. Even without someone you know participating, this is an event worth attending in the city. Thousands of people travel around to cheer runners and volunteer at the water stations and finish line.

Since it is really hard to spot your special participant in a field of 40,000, a lot of runners wear costumes, like this dude, Chris!

Those of us in the crowd also try to make it easy for the runners to spot their cheerleaders at designated locations. The glue gun and glitter come into full effect as well as noise makers and silly Mexican sombreros.

Below are two awesome photos of Bonnie kicking ass. I can't take credit for them because my battery died ten minutes before she ran past! But I probably would have missed her anyways, as I did when Nicole cruised by at mile 22. I was too busy jumping and clapping to remember to take a photo.

Congrats Bonnie and Nicole! I'm really impressed and proud of you both for your achievement. Can you please stay out late and drink some beers with me now?

PS - Way to kick Katie Holmes's Hollywood privileged ass!

No comments: