November 13, 2007

Going To The Chapel

November 9th

Today I attended my friend Michelle's wedding in Lambertville, NJ. just across the river from New Hope, PA.

At the reception I sat next to her rad and beautiful Maid of Honor, Miranda, and her date. She's got the best dimples.

The reception was at the Lambertville Station Inn. It was a lovely venue and the town has tons of great shops, thrift stores, and art galleries. Between the wedding and the reception we explored this awesome shop called America. They had the most random assortment of furniture, clocks, art, antiques, all arranged in such a way to feel like a big cabinet of curiosities.

The Inn sits between the Delaware River and the D & H Canal shown here. Overall it was a fun trip and many congrats to Michelle and Keith.

PS - Can anyone out there tell me how this is possible?

PPS - Anyone (Amy?) know the significance of this star thingy on houses? They were all over town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My aunt & uncle live in Lambertville, and I totally remember the stars. I'm sure this is a total lie made up for kids, but I remember being told that the star thingys started out as a way to cover up bullet holes on revolutionary was houses so the facade didn't crack away ;)

Anonymous said...

those stars are sold in the in any town with pre-civil war era architecture. they mean nothing... its the equivalent of people putting up new themed flags for every holiday. or garden gnomes. i could buy one of those stores at a store and tack it up on the door of my 1960s california apartment complex.