November 8, 2007

Bridesmaid Barbie

November 3rd

Tonight was the bachelorette party for my friend Michelle. Since most of this affair was under my direction, I convinced her that it would be hilarious to have a bad bridesmaid dress pub crawl. Check out the invite designed with the help of a few friends who rock at photoshop!

Since the ladies were going silly, I decided Michele had to be a gloriously hideous bridezilla swathed in the most white taffeta we could find. She and I went hunting in the thrift shops down on South Street and turned up this gem!
Man, Michelle is so pretty she almost managed to pull off this sequin tent! However, in the end I decided she looked too much like the buildings in the neighborhood decorated by south Philly artist, Isaiah Zagar. See what I mean?

Thankfully south Philly is rife with thrift shops and we managed to find THE BEST most awesome puffy 80's bouffant dress in the world. It fit her like a glove and when the dressing room curtain opened, I almost fell over! I don't think I have laughed that hard in awhile.

I'm really glad my junior prom dress was so ugly and pink (Drew, thanks again for being my date while I wore that thing!) because it has provided me endless jokes and Halloween costume potential. Thanks for an interesting evening ladies!

No comments: