November 26, 2007

Gobble Gobble

November 22nd
Happy Thanksgiving!

This is my third favorite holiday (behind Halloween and St. Patrick's Day) because it centers around the societally approved stuffing of oneself. During the appetizer portion of gorging, I learned that my ENTIRE family reads the blog so I will now commence talking about them!

My aunt does a wonderful job decorating her home to make it festive and classy.

However, note her "kids table" at the end here. I got demoted last Christmas and can't seem to make it back up, despite my recent transition into the third decade of life! :-)

Here are the lovely cooks Jeanne and Dan showcasing the bird that died for our enjoyment! Thank you delicious bird!
(And a special thank you to them for driving me back to Brooklyn!)

Jeanne put my brother to work mashing the potatoes even though he wasn't going to stick around long enough to enjoy them! Good work, Steve!

I recently joined a group on Flickr called I Ate This and feel this photo is destined for submission. On this plate you will find, turkey, mashed potatoes, mashed turnips, creamed pearl onions, corn, sweet potatoes, the best sausage stuffing in the universe, and in a bizarre nod to our German ancestry - sauerkraut. The only items available on the table of which I did not partake of were cranberry sauce, pickles, olives (gross), and rolls.

But I certainly found room for Tollhouse pie and pumpkin mouse.

This is my cousin Andrew. I certainly don't think we're related because this was HIS plate.

My cousin Liz finally brought her finance TJ around to meet the family. I hope he comes back!

And I don't know what's so funny...

but I suspect it is the fact that our moms were rocking the exact same Thanksgiving holiday sweater!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you eat a dead bird like a turkey or chicken does it makes you feel awesome because their flying city cousins are always pooping on you?