June 18, 2008

Ahhh.... The Berkshires

June 12th

Today I brought one of our paintings up to the Sterling and Francine Clark Museum in central Massachusetts. It's a beautiful museum with a gorgeous collection. I fell in love with some small works in their collection by an Italian painter called Giovanni Boldini.

The Clark is situated in the heart of the Berkshire mountains and I was placed at The Williams Inn for the evening. I suppose the decor was supposed to match the feel of the region, but dear lord, this was a lot of pink. Between the bed skirt, the rug, the curtains, and the trim, I was in "a pink nightmare".

And let me not forget to point out the copious amounts of floor to ceiling floral wall paper.

My lovely new friend Monique took me to dinner at a great eatery in town called 6 House Pub. I had an amazing salad and huge cold beer outside near a bonfire while enjoying the green scenery, pleasant company, and a cute doggy friend. In summary, it was really relaxing to get away from the city and the stress that has been my work environment lately. However, I was slightly disturbed by this giant bison head inside the pub. Monique told me she and her husband were once seated beneath it for their anniversary dinner, as it was the last seat in the house!

No comments: