June 18, 2008

Lame Duck

June 17th

Some of my regular readers might be wondering why I just posted ten days entries in a few hours. There are several reasons for this:
  • I'm about to finish the blog and I'm going to make an honest attempt to stay current for the remaining 19 days of the project. Tick tock goes my blog clock.
  • I accepted a new job today. I assume it has been apparent in my recent posts that I've slowly been going insane at my current museum. A new job literally fell in my lap and as I learned from Il Bastardo yesterday, I need to take refuge or get blown over the edge with the storm. So quite honestly, today at work I'm a lame duck. Who feels like devoting any time or energy to a place they are leaving? Instead, I shall post to my blog all day and not give a shit. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Hmmm.....all that has nothing to do with today's cute photo of Deb and her rad new banana seat Barracuda bike...

other than the fact that on this historic day in Miss Banana land, we went for our first ride around the park. She was a real trooper on our two treks up the big hill and it was good to chat with a kindred spirit who has also somehow continually taken pay cuts during her tenure in the art world. Oh the things we do for jobs that aren't soul sucking....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, what's the new job?

Amy Carpenter said...

Congrats on your new gig! I can hardly believe that you've been blogging for almost an entire year! Will you keep going (at least a little) after the big 3-1? I really enjoying reading about your adventures...