June 18, 2008

Il Bastardo

June 16th

Today was stressful. Lots of bad shit went down at work. I was grappling with some difficult decisions and harsh financial realities. To gain some perspective, I brought an appropriately named large bottle of wine to the roof of Chris's high rise apartment building.

While contemplating my future with a nice mellow red wine buzz, a huge scary storm of Ghost Busters proportions began to roll in above our heads.

The wind began to freak out with insane gusts blowing Chris's hat over the side of the building, throwing the chairs around like kites and tipping over the half full bottle of wine (NOOOOOOoooooooo).

We took refuge inside from Il Bastardo just before it hit the river and really let loose! I can't think of a more appropriate metaphor for things in my professional life than this hair raising stormy experience.



No comments: