June 2, 2008

Dad's Birthday Weekend Begins

May 23rd

This weekend my dad came up to celebrate his birthday (which is actually in December). It's part of a tradition I started a few years back with my parents that they each come to New York for a solo visit and do whatever they desire. This year, Dad and I both agreed to return for a Friday night sunset dinner (this time with a camera) to one of my all time favorite restaurants in Brooklyn, Alma.

They have a year round roof deck offering panoramic views of downtown Manhattan and Govenors Island.

Also, the food is out of this world delicious. Must haves are the guacamole and ceviche. After this visit I'm now totally in love with blood orange margaritas!

It's important to note that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in terms of photo taking obsession. (We have albums and albums of family vacations that consist of nothing but sunsets and buildings.) Needless to say, I found a very willing partner to walk from the restaurant down to the Brooklyn Bridge doing nothing but taking photos in the perfect light.





This weekend also marks the 125th Anniversary of the Brooklyn Bridge, and there was an entire weekend of festivities including a drive in style movie, fireworks, and night time lights.

I wish they would keep this display up year round because the bridge looked fantastic!

No comments: