June 4, 2008

Staycation

May 26th

Today was Memorial Day and Prospect Park was totally packed! The weather was perfect and it seemed no one left the city for the holiday. I'm still crossing my fingers for the annual New York City exodus (despite gas being almost $5 a gallon), as I relish my uncrowded subway rides to work in July and August.

I walked the entire length of the park and all green spaces were occupied with sun bathers, families, and kites.

After some wine in my usual spot with Beth and Ralph, I met up with Kwaku and friends for a little picnic. I met this little adorable love muffin, Peter. If only life were as easy and breezy for me.

There was also a really interesting/ bizarre Brazillian capoeria circle happening near us. This group had me baffled and amazed. I can't even imagine doing something like this in public.

No comments: