August 27, 2007

Adopt A Neighborhood - City Island

August 18th

First of all, just a quick reminder that you can click on any of the images in the blog to see a full screen version. I try to post the photos small to conserve space, as you will see was needed in this particular episode.

Anyway, on this AAN adventure, my trusty companions and I travelled to the far reaches of the Bronx to the bizarre City Island. This small community is located just beyond Pelham Bay Park and surrounded by the waters of western Long Island Sound and Eastchester Bay. It is approximately 1.5 miles long by 0.5 miles wide and feels like a New England fishing village. You can read more about the history and such here and see the full set of images from our day here.

We primarily went to wander around and get a feel for the architecture,

(Um, this is special)

oddities,

(yes that is a couch at the end of the pier)

boats,

(Check out the NYC Skyline in the background)

and cram some delicious seafood and drinks into our faces.

It was an awesome summer day, followed up by a free play courtesy of Chris's roommate. If you're into political humor, check out Will Durst: The All-American Sport of Bipartisan Bashing currently on Broadway.

And just one last note of personal thanks to the dude that figured out small wires keep nasty mangey birds away from my seafood dinner. Budweiser Real Man of Genius, Mr. Bird Wire Keeper Outer Inventor, I salute you.

(Nah nah nah nah nah, you dirty bastard!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I have denied myself precious sleep to go into all of your blog posts since you started this thing. Simply amazing Miss Banana. It is awesome to live in your mind for a few moments to experience life as you see it. I am becoming inspired to do my own blog thanks to you.