August 2, 2007

Save Coney Island

July 21st

I took a much overdue trip out to Coney Island for the Siren Festival. Needless to say, heat and an over abundance of hipsters turned me off from the stage area. But I had a fabulous day of rides, hula hooping, chilling with hardcore Brooklyn locals, consuming too many beers, eating Nathan's hot dogs on the beach like a total hobo and generally loving life.

It is a shame that this unique mix of old school charm, real world grit, and total freak show is headed toward middle America Disnification. Miss Banana's advise: get down there post haste before there's nothing worth visiting.


Do not ask me about this thing... because I have no words.

It's not just for kids.

I didn't get inside, but I plan to revisit.

Swinging baby, yeah!

The Wonder Wheel is truly awesome.

1 comment:

PJ Coleman said...

I have no excuse why I have never visited. Your pics make me want to get my ass up there... if not only to try and "one up" you on freak-ass picstures taken at Coney Island
- pj