August 29, 2007

Boston

August 22nd

Guess where I was?

I met up with my friend Brian and we went to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.

There is a term in the museum industry called "museum fatigue" for those who experience physical and visual exhaustion from their visit. I wish we would come up with an expression for "utter boredom". This place was a total snoozer and that is saying a lot coming from me!

We spent the rest of the afternoon wandering Newberry Street making fun of the shops, especially this overpriced "conceptual" store called Johnny Cupcakes. You'll get the idea from the photos I took inside while pretending to snap candids of Brian. (Hi Brian!)

However, there was this great place with gnomes in the window.

I also snapped this random street art on the way to meeting up for dinner and beers with my cousin Liz and her fiancee. (Hi Liz and TJ!) What the heck is a Nozer?


I was underwhelmed by Boston (perhaps it deserves a second visit) but you can see the full set of equally unimpressive photos here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anna, Hope the NAD is treating you and everyone well. The new job is great, I love being so close to home and the atmosphere is really laid back. Casual Fridays!! I think you should enter some nature photos in our competition. Here's the link: http://www.essex-countynj.org/p/index.php?section=env/o&ImgLoc=images/env

Deadline is Sept. 10th!