August 2, 2007

I Lied About Being The Outdoor Type

July 28th

A few friends and I decided to do a Miss Banana style weekend of outdoor activities. This included camping and tubing in Barryville, New York, on the Delaware River near the border of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

My version of camping involves parking a vehicle in some woods, popping a tent, lazing about in a camping chair and consuming lots of beer and food items cooked on a fire.

We did a damn good job getting those elements down.

We even got to play some one handed (the other hand being occupied by a can of Busch Lite) badminton.

Too bad I got stung by some nasty insect that required baking soda help to ease the sting. Mother Nature is a real bitch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I camp at this place all the time! Don't be ashamed of car camping. I don't need to be in the middle of nowhere to enjoy the outdoors. Of course, there have been times when I've stayed there for a week. And even though it's crowded on weekends, during the week no one is there. It feels like you're in the middle of nowhere when it gets dark out. Not another light around. That is pretty cool. By the way, there is a lot of meat on that grill.

Steve-R-eno said...

who the hell drinks "Busch light"?!?!? WTF?