August 30, 2007

Glen Phillips

August 24th - PS

After driving like an insane woman through Connecticut, I made it in time for the second half of the Glen Phillips concert at Union Hall. Glen is the lead singer of Toad The Wet Sprocket, who is only partially together as each member is pursuing independent projects. Glen has a successful solo career and occasionally tours the east coast. What I caught of the show was really great - minus the drunk jerks repeatedly berating him with requests for Toad songs.

I have a special place in my heart for Toad and the sound of Glen's voice as I've been a fan for over 15 years. His vocals immediately bring back happy high school memories of Drew and Randy and several fun trips to Idaho. If you ever listened to Toad, you will know instantly which tunes Glen contributed after just one go round with his solo albums.

Needless to say, I got geeked out when Glen came up to the bar for a few beers after his show. I've never been a cool girl, so you can imagine how nervous I was (even though he was totally nice) to ask for this photo.
Thanks, Glen. Keep it up! And readers, do give him a listen if you get the chance.

No comments: