October 9, 2007

Guess What? It's Still Rainy and Gross In Moscow

September 16th

At this point in the trip I had officially been in Moscow one week and was ready to leave. I spent most of the morning sleeping in an attempt to make the time go faster. When the rain finally let up, I ventured out close to the hotel with Liz and Elizabeth.

This is a good shot of what Moscow looks like in the regular parts. Total urban chaos.

We were so bored with Moscow we spent time making Soviet buildings look arty. You can see a lot more shots here.

We also spent a good deal of time strolling in and around Old Arbat Street haggling with vendors for various souvenirs. I contemplated buying a fur hat, but I just looked stupid. No one really looks good with a square fur head.

At least some things translate no matter what the language, and no, I didn't succumb to the Golden Arches, tempting as they might have been.

In terms of street entertainment, this lady deserved props just based on her outfit alone, especially the rolled down knee highs.

And finally, here is your Stray Dog of the Day. He's a perky little fellow.

No comments: