October 24, 2007

Over The Brooklyn Bridge

October 14th

Whenever folks come to town and ask me for New York activities, I suggest Grimaldi's and walking over the Brooklyn Bridge. First of all, the pizza is rated the best in the city and this is the view from the pier outside. It's my favorite skyline vista.

If you want something fancy and expensive, you can go to The River Cafe directly below this pillar. Be sure to order their famous Brooklyn Bridge dessert.

(Ahem...I'm still waiting for a sugar daddy date or wealthy relative to take my poor ass here. Hint. Hint.)

Once you are on the bridge, be sure to watch out for bikers, but do take time to enjoy the view.

Upon it's completion in 1883, the Brooklyn Bridge was the largest suspension bridge in the world. It spans 5,989 feet across the East River. My first trek occurred on my 4th day in New York city. I was forced to hoof it in the heat wearing high heels and skirt with the weird Director of Human Resources at my brand new job. Buy me a few beers to numb the pain and I'll tell you my 2003 blackout story!

I hope my friend Norma and her niece enjoyed the Miss Banana tour!

No comments: