October 2, 2007

I Arrive In Moscow

September 10th

Most of today was spent on the plane next to the most disgusting phlegmy man on the planet. He snotted and sniffed and spit his way through the 10 hour, 4653 mile flight to Moscow. At one point this monster even BLEW HIS NOSE INTO THE AIRPLANE BLANKET!!!!

Needless to say, I spent most of the flight trying to distract myself. Sadly, Aeroflop gives you these portable DVD players to use instead of the seat back TV's. After 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get it to work in English, I concluded that Screaming Room = Horror Movies and Gags = Comedy Movies to Russians. I tried to watch the movie 300, but it was tough since I was next to the kitchen and the stewardess kept knocking over the stupid TV thing on her trips up and down the aisle. I didn't get any sleep on the flight.

Anyway, this is the sign that was in front of me the entire flight. It took me a long time to figure out that Legrest meant the bar for your feet. Shouldn't it be Leg Rest?

I arrived in Moscow and much to my relief there was a man holding a sign with my name on it once I came out of customs. After 45 minutes of nerve impacting traffic and crazy drivers, I arrived, with another American courier, at the Raddison.

My room was fine, minus the gross disgusting tattered comforter that must have been from 1980. I even got a view out the front of the building.

I spent the remainder of the day walking around the hotel getting a feel for how hard it would be to navigate around in a country where you can not read a god damn thing and eating at the Rusky restaurant in the hotel.

No comments: