October 19, 2007

One Last Day

September 27th

My work complete, I had one last day to play in Spain. I revisited this Louise Bourgeois Maman spider sculpture in the back of the museum while waiting for Liz and Elizabeth to finish work and come play with me.

This photo is for my parents and brother who have suffered many "spider dreams" in the course of my life. Trust me, a blood curdling scream at 5am is not cool.

The rest of the day was spent wandering, shopping, taking general scenery photos, and drinking copious amounts of red wine in numerous bars around town with Elizabeth. Below is a bunch of photos and the full set is here. I think I captured some really nice images.
(Miss Banana pats self on shoulder)

That's the sidewalk cleaner that will literally chase you down. Note the girl in the photo.





After spending all my remaining Euros on wine, I dragged Elizabeth through the drizzle back to the museum. I wanted to see what it looked like at sunset. I was not disappointed. Afterwards, we went back to Cafe Bar Bilbao for some more tasty pintxos. Elizabeth had to spot my drunk ass money! So typical.


I am so elated I had the opportunity to go on this absurd adventure. While it was sometimes exhausting, lonely, cramped, cold, and bizarre, it was also totally amazing. I'm so grateful I got to end in a country like Spain looking at a wonder like this.

No comments: